When the world shut down last year and everyone stayed home, people looked online to buy gifts for their friends, family and loved ones. Baby Showers moved onto Zoom and expectant mamas missed out on what is usually such a special time shared with their favourite people before the new arrival.
So what is the perfect gift to buy a new mama-to-be? Well, we have popped together a little list of tips to help you find the perfect gift.
Here are 5 things to bear in mind when buying a gift for someone who is pregnant:
1. Remember that babies grow fast and new parents usually sort baby clothes for 0-3 months when prepping the hospital bag and nursery, so maybe think about sizing up if you're buying baby clothes or sleepsuits. There is nothing better as a parent than opening the wardrobe when you're transitioning between sizes and see you already have some clothes in the next size up.
2. Muslins are life when you have a newborn baby, they can be used when feeding, burping, to lay them down on the floor, as a makeshift blanket, or just to clean up sick or milk spillages. Trust us when we say, they can never have enough!
3. Ask the mum-to-be if there is anything they would like, babies are expensive and they probably have a huge wish list of things they need for when the baby arrives - perhaps you could club together with friends to buy the baby monitor, baby bag or sleep nest.
4. Think ahead, not just for clothing but maybe buy something that can be used in 6-9 months time - a tableware set for when they start weaning, a teething toy or a stacking tower. These make lovely gifts for new parents and they will appreciate it so much when they come to use them.
5. Finally, and most importantly, don't forget the mama! They have been growing a little human and that takes its toll on the body. Perhaps buy them a little something to help relax them and prepare them for the birth.
Shop Our Range of Gifts Here